Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I, Robot!

I've been looking for this book forever. And not the one based off the movie with Will Smith, but the one that the movie is based off of. This book really brings to light the all too common topic of human and machine relationships. Though well before it's time, I believe it really captures the questions that we as humans need to answer before further progress in robotics and AI. Right now I'm about half way through, and I think its a lot better than the movie and I enjoyed the movie a lot. I wanna finish it before I go into anymore detail, but I do want to leave you guys with some questions. Since it is a classic (considered one of Isaac Asimov's best, so one of the best sci/fi's of all time) I'm a little curious as to who has read it before and obviously what they thought about it. Also, I wanna know, whether or not you've read it before, what your ideas are on the increase of technology and where it might be leading us. I think I, Robot is a prime example of how sci/fi fantasy books can have important messages as well as being entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, though I have seen the movie I haven't read the book (I find it hilarious that they apparently made a book based off of a movie based off of a book). I think the increase in the way we use technology to accomplish so many tasks for us is definitely enabling a certain amount of laziness and entitlement in us; however, I'm not sure if I buy into the idea that one day we'll be so reliant upon it that it will be our downfall.

    ReplyDelete